Boonton Iron Works
Boonton, NJ
The Boonton Iron Works were founded about 1770 by Samuel Ogden who,
with others in his family, purchased a 6-acre (24,000 m2) tract along the
Rockaway River, near Boonton, New Jersey, United States. Here rolling and
slitting mills were erected that engaged in the manufacture of nail rods and bar
iron. With the construction of the Morris Canal in 1830, the New Jersey Iron
Company was organized. This company built a new plant costing $283,000
and imported skilled mechanics from England. Under Fuller & Lord
(1852-1876) the enterprise tended to become an integrated industry with ore
and timber reserves, canal boats, furnaces, mills and auxiliary plants. After
1881, the business slowly declined. The plant closed in 1911.

Information above can be found here