Fort Armistead
Fort Armistead
An Endicott period fort named in honor of Major George Armistead,
commander of Fort McHenry during the famous 1814 bombardment from
a Bristish Naval Fleet.  It is located at Hawkins Point next to the Francis
Scott Key Bridge.  Batteries here at Fort Armistead include Battery
Winchester (1900-1918), Battery McFarland (1900-1917), Battery Irons
(1900-1913), and Battery Mudge (1901-1920) which is partially
destroyed.  A mine casement is located behind Battery Mudge, and Fire
Control stations once existed just down the shoreline from the fort, but
have been buried as there has been some land filling, thus extending the
shoreline some distance into the river.  Fort Armistead had a short and
quite uneventful history.

The above information can be found at:
www.geocities.com/baltforts/fort_armistead/index